1975 lwb ex mod Landrover

You get a big wet kiss.

Reply to
wayne

So snipped-for-privacy@lardrover.co.uk was, like

Woah, come to DADDY!!!!!!!!!! Oh, hang on, name Wayne, mebbe not. :-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

So Simon Atkinson was, like

Peel me a grape.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Not Richy Rich...

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

I change the name to Susan at the weekends, is that any help.

Reply to
wayne

If it was converted to 12v electrics, most of the FFR features could have been removed. But braided screen on the plug leads and a very different distributor could linger -- the actual spark system was 12v. But you'd also have a battery box between the front seats, or possibly two small boxes at the back of the rear wheel arches (I've seen that on an FFR vehicle fitted with the arctic heater. Also, there are small pressed-steel covers over holes in the front wing, one each side, where the RF cables fed through to the aerials.

Reply to
David G. Bell

So snipped-for-privacy@lardrover.co.uk was, like

I become Samantha, but she's not a lesbian, so we're out of luck. Praps best stick to Land Rovers.

:-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

So Simon Atkinson was, like

Not since the nasty letter from the bank this morning... (Really.)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

More questions!

The exhaust pipe on it at the moment has been welded up from all sorts of bits. I've looked through the catalogues and cant decide what type should be on it.

It appears that twin tank military types had a different kind of exhaust. The front pipe looks fine, I am trying to identify the intermediate pipe and the silencer. Any one know part numbers? Would it have had 2 silencer 'boxes' ?

TIA

Reply to
mark

I suspect that it would only ever have had one silencer - that was the norm...

Have you looked here:

- they have some pics of the different systems fitted.

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

Or try Bosal's own site (same pictures on Craddock's site but with LR part numbers) where you can see several possibilities at the same time:

Dougal

most likely

276141 Iintermediate Pipe - 109 to Suff B. £12.92 inc VAT and 562731 Silencer/Tail Pipe - 88" RHD to November 1976/109" to Suff B 12.92 inc VAT Richard
Reply to
beamendsltd

In message , beamendsltd writes

Hmmm. Its difficult to decide because the existing exhaust is not even in the right place; the silencer for example is suspended along the back cross member under the back door :)

After studying the proper mounting points I suspect I need the following:

Intermediate pipe 503456 silencer/tailpipe 599378

Any opinions?

I was confused as there seemed to be a 'special' (and more expensive) tailpipe for mod twin tank landrovers; listed in some online catalogues. There doesn't seem to be anything in the way of the exhaust because of the twin tanks on mine.

The paddock catalogue is certainly helpful, thanks for the link.

Is there a way of cleaning out rusty petrol tanks, my 'extra' tank doesn't look very inviting internally...

Reply to
mark