RR P38 Key Fob

Hi

One of my key fobs has packed up, I've changed the batteries but no joy. Is this a main dealer part? I've heard they're very expensive.

Martyn

~~~~reply to: info at onecal dot co dot uk~~~~

Reply to
Martyn

Try:-

Steve

Reply to
RADIOTWO

Martyn> Hi One of my key fobs has packed up, I've changed the Martyn> batteries but no joy. Is this a main dealer part? I've Martyn> heard they're very expensive.

AFAIK, the only way you can get them is via a main dealer giving the vehicle VIN and proof of ownership. They are about GBP100. each, and

4-6 weeks delivery.

DO NOT be tempted by people selling remotes on eBay - they won't work and the reprogramming instructions are bogus.

Andy

Reply to
AndyC the WB

There are ads in the usual comics for replacement keyfobs, most likely cheaper than going through the main dealer.

here's one at random

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

In message , Martyn writes

There is a reprogramming sequence to go through if you leave the batteries out for more than a specified time interval. If you haven't already tried that let me know and Ill look it up in more detail in my handbook. Also you can get a simple transmission test done just to check it is basically working or not.

Reply to
hugh

RF or IR ? Its quite often the pushbutton or the IR LED connections that fail, and they can be fixed easily.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

When you change the batteries, you need may to re-synchronise the remote to the car.

Post the model, year, type of remote (ir/radio) etc, and I will look up the sequence.

Reply to
SimonJ

1998/RF, the LED does not light up when either button is pressed.

Martyn

~~~~reply to: info at onecal dot co dot uk~~~~

Reply to
Martyn

P38/1998/diesel/RF, the LED does not light up when either button is pressed.