WTF? This cant be real....

Mark Solesbury

It may well be, but having met the reserve at only £10,100.00 something is amiss.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Wouldn't be the first anyway - there was one in Tesco's car park in Redditch yesterday. OK it was LHD but UK registered.

Dave

Reply to
Rabbits

It would be amongst the first actually sold.

It's pretty common for ebay to have pre-ordered cars on sale. All you are buying is the production allocation - it's quite late in the day when you actually have to specify colours, spec etc.

I think some people make a pretty decent profit on this stuff - the selling price on ebay is irrelevant in this case as the guy is planning to take 7.5% of the vehicle sale price, which AIUI means the auction price comes off the vehicle sale price.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

I'd rather have one of these for much the same number of pounds.

I'm not sure what the bid on the first item is for - I can only assume it's a premium you pay the dealer for the privilege of being first off the blocks with a shiny new model in April.

-- Alan J. Wylie

"Perfection [in design] is achieved not when there is nothing left to add, but rather when there is nothing left to take away." -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Reply to
Alan J. Wylie

That is an impressive bit of kit!. I'd be interested to see exactly how 2 v8's work together.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Coupled through the Transfer box, I'd imagine. Not difficult, there were early WWII american tanks (Sherman?) which used a Chrysler Multibank engine, basically 5 4-cylinder engines mounted together, coupled on the back with large gearwheels.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

That one is the recovery variety, NOT the missile launcher. And it does't say anything about the missile being included eiter. WHat a blatant rip off !

Peter R.

Reply to
Peter R.

That one is the recovery variety, NOT the missile launcher. Sorry to pedantic, but its a resupply vehcile, not a recovery version.

You can buy them in Poland for about £1000 (8000 Zloty), still have to drive it home though!

Dan

Reply to
Dan Mckenzie

On or around Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:10:46 -0000, "Dan Mckenzie" enlightened us thusly:

> That one is the recovery variety, NOT the missile launcher.>

Zil 131 looks quite a beast an' all, and maybe a touch more practical.

these look fun, mind:

fun site.

Reply to
Austin Shackles