1975 military 109 flexible brake hoses

I'm not sure what to get, there seems to be a choice. My ex military 109 is described on the plate as a 3/4 ton gs truck but it has 1 ton springs and big drums; so which part numbers do I need? I need front and rear flexi hoses.

Part Number : RTC3353 BRAKE HOSE LWB REAR 1954-JUNE 80 I assume this one must be the rear pipe?

Part Number : 577681 BRAKE HOSE FRONT 109 ONE TON.

Or..

Part Number : RTC5903 BRAKE HOSE FRONT SERIES 3. UP TO JUNE

1980

Which one?

Reply to
mark

577681 on the front and RTC3353 on the rear. Richard
Reply to
beamendsltd

Depends if it has extended spring hangers. The 1-ton had spring hangers with two holes in, and the shackle plates are longer, with a spacer bar in the upper holes. If it has these then it's a 1-ton and needs the 1-ton hoses as the axles are further away from the chassis. Otherwise you can use normal Series 3 LWB hoses.

If you're unsure, measure them and then go armed with the measurements when you get the new ones.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

In message , beamendsltd writes

Cheers Richard. I shall be ordering soon :) I take it you have some? :)

Reply to
mark

Certainly have!

Richard