1990 Range Rover Vogue SE - rev counter needle "stuck"

Hello, I've recently aquired a RR Vogue SE with an LPG conversion. It runs OK but it's got all lot of 'niggles' that I probably have to sort out over time.

The most annoying one at the moment is the rev counter - when I start the engine, it hovers at something like 950 rpm and never moves anywhere else. A quick google suggests that the rev counter is driven off the alternator on these cars. The alternator appears to be working as I drove the car for about two hours in the dark - it's either got one *large* battery or the alternator is still charging...

The PO said that the rev counter was working when he got the car but stopped working soon after. But then again, they'd all say that.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to where to start looking?

TIA, Timo

Reply to
Timo Geusch