Cruise Control on Range Rover Vogue SE 1993 "L" reg

Hi one and all,

I'm thinking of buying the above car but have been told that the cruise control isn't working. All indicators show it's working but it fails to 'lock on'. I do a lot of motorway miles and so this feature is quite important (I'm upgrading from a '92 "K" Vogue and both cars have LPG systems).

It seems like all the circuitry is there as the lights are coming on so my question is: how big a job is repairing the cruise control going to be?

TIA

Regards,

Colin

Reply to
CJ

Colin:

Check the vacuum lines. They are usually the culprit. Good luck.

Jack

Reply to
Jack

Cheers, Jack.

Yes, once more into the great unknown ... :-/

Regards,

Colin

Reply to
CJ

Agreed. Two RRs, one Disco - all came to me with non-functioning cruise control. Every one had a split in one of the vacuum pipes. One needed a new pipe, the other two I got away with shortening the existing pipe and refitting (they tend to go at the ends where they fit over the t-piece stubs). Each one was repaired with a fully-functioning CC within half an hour.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

The cruise control on my 95 v8 discovery regulary fails. Its alway the vacuum line where it pushes on the actuator. It gets shorter by an inch everytime! I have since wrapped it in heat reflective tape and its seems ok at the mo. I assume its the heat from the the exhaust manifold? Richard

Reply to
Richard