300 tdi water leak

Hi

My 300 tdi is leaking water & the local dealer has told me its the P Gasket ? is this behind the water pump & if so how much would it cost to repair

Regards Skinty

Reply to
Skinty

It may well be the actual water pump, as a precaution fit a new one. It took me about an hour to change the pump & gasket. Easy job. About £45 in parts.

Reply to
Nige

It is behind the pump - between the housing and block. The gasket is around £1.20 or so, plus a water pump gasket. Cost of fitting depends on who's doing the work and hoiw much they charge!

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Wed, 03 Sep 2008 08:12:53 +0000, beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

and whether one of the long bolts breaks.

Reply to
Austin Shackles