300Tdi wiper??

1997 300Tdi 90: Washers work but not the front windscreen wiper at any speed. Fuse is OK and everything else seems to work. Smell of something cooking so there's obviously a short somewhere.

Anyone got any ideas before I start exploratory surgery? Wiper motor fried?

Thanks, Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Might be that the linkage is seized somewhere and that smell is the motor cooking due to the load. Have they been getting slower?

Not very nice weather to be going around without wipers! You'll find the actual motor quite easy to get to - in the lower part of the dash beside the passenger door in a seperate little section you can unscrew, quite handy!

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

William MacLeod wrote in news:9sHUc.870$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net:

Problem solved! I lifted the blades to wipe away the dirt and the wipers are now working again. I suspect the blades "stuck" to the windscreen over night and the motor just could not cope -

- hence the smell of over heating.

May be trying to tell me everything needs a good greasing and cleaning.

Is Portmahomack still above the high water mark?? May need to invest in a wading kit if this weather continues.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

That's a bit poor - maybe try some rainx or something? They're normally capable of shifting mud OK.

Portmahomack's still above high water - snorkel waiting at the ready on the

110 though :)

Regards

Willie

Reply to