97 Discovery I in "Super Lockdown"

Hello!

While changing out a battery terminal, my '97 Discovery I went into "Super Lockdown".

Normally, this condition is reversed with the dirver's door lock or the RKE device.

On my vehicle, the driver's door cylinder has been changed and although the new cylinder will activate the auto door locks, it will not disarm the security system.

I am the third owner; the second owner did not ever have an RKE, nor have I.

Dealer ONE could not clear the problem, but sold me a new RKE fob, which is useless. Dealer TWO is working on it.

Any suggestions?

HELP!

Fred in SC

Reply to