'99 Disco Passenger door won't open.

I just purchased my first '99 Discovery and can't seem to open the right side rear door. At first I thought it might be just the child locks but it doesn't open from the outside either. Any help would be appreciated.

Robert

Reply to
Bananaramma

Get some one to hold up the button on the door while you open it if this works (and it should do) then take it back to where you got it and tell them to fix the rear door lock.

Peter

Reply to
scorpio

Mine does it 96 V8 ES, got a spring to fix it off ebay for £2 just need to get round to fitting it!!!

Reply to
StaffBull

"Oh, they all do that Sir, it's a characteristic, not a fault blah blah blah...."

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Hi Staffbull, I hear this may be a common problem. Which spring is it that is the culprit? Mabey mines got the same bug.

Bananaramma

Hi, this is the link on eBay:

They start at £2.50 if you catch one at the right time ( no one else wants one then u'l get one at £2.50) I have not fitted mine yet so don't know how much of a pain it is once I do it I'll let U know, it's DIY this weekend so it wont be soon!!!

Reply to
StaffBull

Thanks staffbull, I'll try my luck. 3 bidders on one presently. You'd think a recall would be in order with these kinds of numbers!

Bananaramma

LR are usually snowed under with more urgent recalls - I think there is one on the newer td5's at the mo something to do with the fuel line being chaffed through!!

Reply to
StaffBull

Now that would be classified as urgent!

Bananaramma

This happened to our 01 Disco the day after we left for a 3 week driving holiday to Fraser Island in Queensland. It was on the front passenger door. Pain in the butt to need someone to open my door all the time. It was fixed under warranty when we reached a large town but they had to order the part in. Good luck in fixing yours.

Reply to
Viviane