99 landrover discovery

Was looking at a 99 discovery with 100k on it, were there any particular recorded problems with that year model ?

Many thanks, BMC

Reply to
Brian Colwell

If it is a series 2 disco then they are:

  1. Problem with the bolt comingout of the timing change causing complete new engine (usually happens around 50-60K miles.

  1. Air suspension (if fitted) - Springs blow or compressors fail

  2. Wiring for Injectors can go as it sits in the engine oil.

I only had numbers 2 and 3 happen in the 1 year I owned a disco 2.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Hunt

Thanks for the info, Rob...........The one I was looking at has been sold...........I will keep in mind, the possible problems you have mentioned.

Thanks, BMC

Reply to
Brian Colwell