A/C in a Defender

->Not so if you have fitted an external rollcage or a good quality roofrack or

->a set of branch deflectors (Maddison 4X4 do some very good aluminium made

->ones for the IBEX, Defender and RaRos.

To make the C of G even higher, thanks for your comments but I really don't like the idea of a roof mounted unit, not to mention it will look like some form of offroad ice cream van !

Reply to
Geoff

While I have to agree with Pantelis about the effectiveness of the units he mentions, there are a few drawbacks - including the fact that I can only just scrape into a lot of places as it is (parking stations, overhanging trees, my carport) as it is. JD

Reply to
JD

->Geoff wrote:

->> To make the C of G even higher, thanks for your comments but I really

->> don't like the idea of a roof mounted unit, not to mention it will look

->> like some form of offroad ice cream van !

->>

->While I have to agree with Pantelis about the effectiveness of the units he

->mentions, there are a few drawbacks - including the fact that I can only

->just scrape into a lot of places as it is (parking stations, overhanging

->trees, my carport) as it is.

I'm not doubting the effectiveness of the units, just the practicality.

Reply to
Geoff

Not so if you have fitted an external rollcage or a good quality roofrack or a set of branch deflectors (Maddison 4X4 do some very good aluminium made ones for the IBEX, Defender and RaRos.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

The point about the C of G is absolutely right and logical. Same applies for the increase in the roof's height.

On the other hand modern roof mounted AC units are not so heavy and not so tall. Fitting a roofrack (especially those steel galvanized ones) or a rollcage increases the weight more than a roof mounted A/C unit. Same applies for the height when fitting a roofrack.

The roof mounted solution is good for vehicles which are more biased on long travels in comfort and not for off roading competition vehicles.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos