ABS pump

on a p38a rangerover m reg

problem sounds like a coffee granulator

stays running for 20mile drive abs and brake light stays on

then both go off when pump stops use brakes and the pump starts whirling again

finnal breaks go incredible soft and wont stop car !

solution?

new pump / new accumulator ?

Reply to
<chris

to leak but could if not fixed soon.

Reply to
ricepudding

no leaks yet but the pump did get very warm after a long run , but if the accumulator is knackered could be the pump is just having to work extra hard ?

Reply to
<chris

On or around Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:53:50 +0100, enlightened us thusly:

sounds like pump to me. Accumulator may or may not be suspect, but shouldn't make the pump sound naff. I assume it's not short of fluid?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

plenty of fluid ! and not loosing any either ! pump started to run longer after I had to replace some burst lines ! thinking about it , it doesnt actually sound much worse than when I first got it ,it just runs longer so is more noticable ! been offered one from breakers at £200 but for a part thats only a year younger than mine its a bit much !

Reply to
<chris

just got a price from manufacturers for a new pump and accumulator! thunk! have ordered one from breakers! thanks for the help !

Reply to
<chris

just got a price from manufacturers for a new pump and accumulator! thunk! have ordered one from breakers! thanks for the help !

Reply to
<chris

On or around Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:31:50 +0100, enlightened us thusly:

I trust it's been bled properly?

Reply to
Austin Shackles