206 (2004) - ABS pump failed!!

Having alot of problems with my peugeot 206 S (2004) it began with the ABS light, brake light and STOP lights staying on while driving and then a day later the car wouldnt start. So far we have found the ABS pump is burned out and needs to be replaced but we cant find out why the car still wont start - does anyone know is the ABS failing a problem with peugeots, and would this cause the car to not start?

Appreciate any advice!!!!!

Thanks

Reply to
jcarey

Hi,

It may have involved a major fail on the engine management bus (remember the

2004 is fully-muxed, began with 2002 models, IIRC), puting the bus in error and disabling it (from my tiny knowledge of such buses [CAN, here], it is possible). Try disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours, reconnect it and leave the car in ignition (2nd position) for at least 10s before attempting to start. Might work. Unfortunately, I guess you will have to get the car checked using the diag tool.

HTH, G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Hi,