Advertising non-existent stock, the bastards!

Some days, I get grumpy.

I can understand how goods can go out of stock between compiling the advert and the magazine being printed.

Out of stock and not knowing if the manufacturer will make any more, I suppose that can happen too.

But I wish companies would keep their web pages more up-to-date, and stop advertising non-existent products.

Reply to
David G. Bell

There's a case currently being heard whereby a consumer is challenging a somewhat large and well known supplier over just such an issue. Legally a website is an official publication and therefore subject to 'all the usual' regulations. I can state that this particular case is going very much in favour of the consumer (who stands to make very little for their effort, sadly).

Reply to
Mother