New Alloys with 215/65x16 tyres.

Take a look at

special offer

215/65x16 Pirelli Scorpion ST tyres fitted on five spoke alloys, brand new never been on a vehicle, cost £75.00 plus VAT each.
Reply to
Andy Sargeant

On or around Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:40:49 +0100, "Andy Sargeant" enlightened us thusly:

skinny sort of tyre, ain't it? Would've thought it'd lower the gearing.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

At last low box on the freelander ;0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Reply to
Andy Sargeant

On or around Fri, 22 Apr 2005 06:54:26 +0100, "Andy Sargeant" enlightened us thusly:

ah, well, you didn't say that - although I freely admit I didn't actually look at the site.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I did... :0( s'all a b'irra fun in'it.

:0)

And I would like to say what a cracking deal it looks too... if only I had a freelander.

Andy, I think the next deal should focus on 101's please ;0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:28:54 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

900x16 bargrips?
Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yuk. Even worse than Petlas (and that's saying something).

BFG All Terrains in that sort of size woud be a useful tool, ideally fitted to 18inch Mach 5 rims (six stud, natch).

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:44:33 +0100, "Andy Sargeant" enlightened us thusly:

I say, old chap, any chance you could sort out your newsreader?

'nother reason to avoid 101s, then, tyres too bloody dear.

anyone tried getting 17.5" commercial rims fitted, so as to be able to use the 8.25 R 17.5 commercial tyres that replaced the old style 7.50x16 ones on small lorries?

Mind, they could be a bit small for a 101.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

S'all relative. Reckon they'd last rather longer than the Volvo tyres, and they're almost that each corner. The Petlas on there now cost about £70 IIRC, and are pants. Needs must and all that, but they won't be staying on there too long.

Yup. You want summat with at least 34 inch diameter, ideally a bit bigger if the engine is in decent fettle and you want to do motorway cruises.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs