Advice Please. Discovery V8 Auto Gearbox.

I'm going to look at a 1999 V reg. Discovery V8 with auto box and i have not got a clue about automatic gearboxes. The car has done about

40000 miles and it has a towbar fitted, is there anything specific to be wary of. Thanks for your time.
Reply to
taddy10

Not really - the ZF 4 speed autobox is very reliable and suits the V8 well. Check the vehicle has been serviced correctly and you should be OK.

Reply to
Exit

Thanks Julian.

Reply to
taddy10

Reply to
John

On or around Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:43:53 +0100, "John" enlightened us thusly:

I think you've been unlucky. The ZF 4HP22 is reckoned to be good, mostly.

Mine had about 110 thou on it when I got it, and has had about another 10K added since then. I don't think it's in tip-top condition (sometimes it's reluctant to get reverse, for example), but it still works.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thanks everybody for your replies. I am now the owner of a Discovery and no doubt i will be back here for more advice.

Reply to
Jakey