American Numpty

I don't know, all that money on a rock-crawling machine and then couldn't be bothered to put a return spring on the throttle.......................

Dave R

Self portrait?

Reply to
Dougal

|| I don't know, all that money on a rock-crawling machine and then || couldn't be bothered to put a return spring on the || throttle....................... || || D

Wossiss all about Dave? Post a link and put us out of our misery.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Ah yes, sorry.

Ooops,

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

|| Ah yes, sorry. || ||

I wonder if his insurance covers him for all the other buggies he modified? A similar accident at WW4x4 could cause - what - fifty quids' worth?

Seriously, it does show why all mechanisms should fail safe.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On 5 Nov 2006 05:22:43 -0800, "Dave R" scribbled the following nonsense:

at the 4 minute mark, this one is priceless....

Simon Isaacs

Probably why motorsport scrutineers require 2 return springs and a cutoff switch won't stop the really determined idiot but protects the rest of us and yes I have had one spring snap. Derek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Sun, 05 Nov 2006 15:16:45 +0000, Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

we've had this before, but it's good:

this one is rather amusing

speaking of mud... did we have this sequence of photos?

Austin Shackles

.... and think of the fuss in this country when there's half an inch of snow on the ground.

Reply to
Dougal

On or around Mon, 06 Nov 2006 21:12:40 +0000, Dougal enlightened us thusly:

yeah, quite. mind, I've no idea why they don't make a bit more effort to fix it, if the road's that relevant.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Should post it on the Ramblers association forum for them, There will be a mass exodus from the UK to Russia.... which would be different!

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D