Any ideas on disoc probs

Hi, I've been looking at disco's and think i've found what could be classed as a good one but there a few things that will need sorting if i buy it. so i thought i'd ask if you chaps would know how serious/easy they are to fix.

  1. Rear sun roof works electrically but wont tilt up, you can lift manully and it will drive back.

  1. Air bag warning light on, chap said he did fit a grab handle where the passenger airbag was but changed it back as he didn't like the look of it

  2. Also small scab of rust by rear apline window, how easy to rectify?

  1. oh the "abs" light stays on after you start it and then clears once you go above 5 mph, is this right?

Hope you lot can help on some of them, would like a idea of cost really to help as a bargaining chip.

Cheers Jinx

Reply to
Jinx

Can't quickly answer the first 3 but I know number 4 is normal behaviour.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Tuip

Needs a bit of grease usually.

Sounds dodgy to me - probably needs replacing.

Fairly easy, like any body work blemishes.

Normal.

Reply to
Exit

The others seems pretty straight forward, but I think the above sounds a bit dodgy.

Reply to
Nikki

Worst case he drilled through the bag or the electronics behind the panel.

Martin

95 RRC
Reply to
Martin Tuip

I wonder,

Is there a sensor in the seat belt stalk that could be faulty? Anyone else know?

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

snip

Or they could both have fired when it hit that tree?????

Reply to
Rudolph Hucker

I'd agree with Nikki on this one - carry out a HPI check before carrying on with your enquiries into this vehicle - sounds like it's been in a serious accident IMHO.

Reply to
Llandrovers!

Well the front bumper had a small crack in the over riders but the body work was the best i've seen so far, couldn't see any accident damange at all or respraying. Rear floor was a little corroded under carpet as i would of expected. It seems very good, service is complete, with frogs island 4x4 undertaking some of the duties.

300tdi M-reg, ES model, leather, air-con, R380 gearbox ( no clunks), newish shocks and springs, 125k millage.

whats £5,500 for it

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Jinx

Reply to
Llandrovers!

If that gearbox is original then it is ready to go bang, clunks or not. They all go from that vintage, 'tis inevitable, unless it has been modified or replaced.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

On or around Sat, 04 Oct 2003 22:49:27 +0100, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

when did the modified T-box start being fitted from new? I know the problem continued past the end of the LT77s into the R380s.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Don't know for sure, but it was past 95.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Reply to
Colin Hughes

On or around Sun, 5 Oct 2003 14:11:47 -0400, "Colin Hughes" enlightened us thusly:

despite mine dying, I don't regret doing that to the 110 at all. much more useful, plus it allows a free hand for holding the phone/pop/sandwich etc.

and to be fair, an autobox I bought secondhand for a hundred quid (with T-box) has done bloody well to do a year and 20K miles. if the replacement does as well pro rata I'll be pleased. Latest one (with T-box, too) was 450 notes.

judging from the oil that came out of the first one when I got around to changing it, it'd not been changed at the recommended 24k mile intervals... well cooked looking oil from the replacement, drained and refilled with fresh, looked in pretty good condition.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Not necesecerily - the 110 now has 198,000 on it - still the original gearbox (shame about 2nd gear synchro going at 195,000, but I can live with that......)

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

Our Discovery passed the 130,000 on the trip back from Wales this year and this is the original gearbox - we are only the second owner and have fsh. Can't say that I have noticed any problems with ours.

Reply to
Nikki

On or around Mon, 06 Oct 2003 01:02:11 +0100, richard.watson enlightened us thusly:

Mine had an almost-missing 2nd synchro, before I went auto. reminded me of the ol' SII.

Reply to
Austin Shackles