Any Tips on removing wax from vinyl fender trim and restoring sheen?TIA

I have a '99 Discovery that I recently applied a coat of wax to and now realize that my fender vinyl trim has wax penetrated into it. Is there an easy way to remove. I have in the past used Armour-all in attempts to get back to the original sheen but the Vinyl seems only to look worse after several weeks. I have heard that Armour-all isn't a very good product for this reason.

any help is appreciated.

Robert

Reply to
Bananaramma

...and Bananaramma spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

This is a bugger of a job. The only success I have had is with white spirit* and a toothbrush. Thoroughly wet the wax mark and then scrub away. Sponge with soapy water when you think you've done enough. You look a complete plonker doing it. Neighbours will laugh. I no longer bother - the mud round where I live soon covers it up.

  • General woodworkers' rule for all normal finishes (i.e. not Xylene-based stuff like Hammerite): If white spirit won't remove it, meths will. Seems to work for car finishes, too.

Good luck.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I use Auto Glym trim and bumper finisher, it is a bit like armour-all but actually cleans as it is applied. Brilliant stuff.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Cooke

Thanks Andrew, It looks like there is a distributer in a Township near me (Langley,B.C. Canada). I'll check this stuff out.

Robert

Reply to
Bananaramma