never mind 101s...

Austin Shackles

so Austin Shackles was, like...

Austin..... NO!

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Never mind the never mind....... Exactly what is that behind the Zil?

Reply to
Jon

You know you want one austin! :)

Do it!

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Sat, 22 Oct 2005 20:59:26 +0000 (UTC), "Jon" enlightened us thusly:

's a rangie on fat wheels. I like the way the Zil's wheels are taller than the rangie's bonnet.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 22 Oct 2005 21:57:47 +0100, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

I could convert it to LPG...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I've been staring at the Zil for quote a time now. I've come to the conclusion that it's a herse for a darts player.....

Reply to
Jon

On or around Sat, 22 Oct 2005 22:05:40 +0100, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

sadly, it'd make the bank manager go ballistic. would be rather fun to take to one of the off-road sites though...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

's got a lot going for it,

  1. V8
  2. 6 wheels
  3. Load bed large enough for at least 16 seats for the school run
  4. No space issues for gas tanks, twin 120ltr underslungs, anyone?
  5. It'd fit in the space where the big trailer was parked. Maybe... ;-)

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

I saw an ex army GMC 6x6 8 years ago in the free ads and went to look at it and ended up with it, great fun when busses and coaches pull over for you to pass on small roads. Great off road too but if you get stuck you need lots of help to get out :-))

Rich

Reply to
Rich

If I had the money and space I'd go for one of these.

Just the thing for the school run or nipping to the shops for 0.5682 litres of milk.

Reply to
PDannyD

If I had the money and space I'd go for a Man 8x8 M1014

Reply to
Mother

Very nice but what does it do to the gallon ?

Reply to
Larry

I think it's more of a case of, "what does it do to the mile?"

Reply to
Mother

During stardate Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:29:54 +0100, Mother uttered the imortal words:

Local chap has a radio truck. Make a 101 look like a mini.

Lee D

-- "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."

- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:45:29 +0100, "Larry" enlightened us thusly:

not a lot I spect; but I could convert it to LPG..

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:10:20 +0100, Lee_D enlightened us thusly:

looks like something similar in the chassis department.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Oooh!. where does he live, will he let me have a go? :)

So why would the MOD have a fully kitted out russian radio truck then? :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

a' another one here...

#4584508692