anyone know a good cylinder head supplier

Disco had started blowing steam a week or so ago, only occasionally, not using much coolant. Stirpped the head off Saturday suspecting the head gasket, dropped head off with mechanic Sunday morning to get it tested Monday.

Had the phone call today - 'your head's scrap' :'-(

Under test water was getting in somehow from the water jacket through the centre exhaust manifold holes (bit too technical for me!) so it looks like the gasket was fine but the head's stuffed.

So... I'm after any recommended suppliers for reconditioned 300Tdi cylinder heads if anyone can do the honours, sounds like I'm going to be makiing a few phone calls the next day or two.

Thanks, off to cry in a corner now!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Ward

Give them a call and have a chat to Richard or Frida.

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

I totally agree about Turner Engineering.

Being buying from them and they are always very helpful, efficient, first class workmanship and goods and extremely well priced.

Take care Pantelis Giamarellos LAND ROVER CLUB OF GREECE

P.S. if you speak with Frida please give her my regards from Greece

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos