Anyone watching Britains worst driver??

They aren't showing that much of the Land Rover section although Quentin Wilson did say it was something like a barn or shed on wheels can't remember exactly!! Dozy tart nearly had it on it's side last night... it was funny watchin the production team panicking & running about.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Wheatley

He owned a Stage One pickup. I think they should have tried it with mine, as selecting first is a bit of an art.... Jon

Reply to
Jon

I'm sure that Quentin guy owns a Series II or III LandRover...

Reply to
Ian Symonds

How did those people get a full licence? It is beyond me. Mind you I think the average driver skill has gone down over the past few years. No one seems to be taught the Highway code these days. Have you seen the amount of people who don't know how to place themselves on a roundabout or indicate properly to exit it? I've taken to sitting at the give way to a roundabout until it's clear and ignoring all indicator signals from traffic coming towards me, cos half the time they are indicating left but mean to go straight on. ARRGHH.

Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

I think ALOT of that has to be put on for the sake of showing improvement. That woman who sat screaming & panicking because a car was reversing near her can't be real, if I'd been a passenger with her or the other Asian looking woman with her mouth open and shouting, I'd have lost it!!!

Now the old bloke who mowed down the Quentin cut-out and said 'what was that'! is probably real, he's the sort of brain dead moron who causes all the accidents for everyone else and walks away unharmed. Don't even get me started on the w**ker who was only worried about his hair- this weeks 'winner'!!

What the hell is that program doing giving cars away to those sort of liabilities??? That's Britain for you!!

Dave

Reply to
Dave Wheatley

They do teach you this, but as soon as people pass the test they become lazy and start taking roundabouts using the shortest route from entry->exit.

-- Paul Everett repton at repton dot org

Paul Everett

Oh yeah? I bet you're one of those people who toots at me when I need to use both lanes to get my 40ft bus round a roundabout.

And personally, I always indicate correctly at roundabouts anyway.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:35:49 +0100, Alex made me spill my meths by writing:

I always get caught by the apparent random system of arrows to indicate left lane or right lane to go straight across/turn right/left/both/whatever.

Standing traffic is covering the arrows painted on the road and God forbid you should choose to change lane while some tit does his utmost to stop you.

Morning traffic, stress or what?

Reply to
Wayne Davies

Reply to
Llandrovers!

On or around Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:47:59 +0100, Paul Everett enlightened us thusly:

there's a small one in aberystwyth, where that involves going to the right of the island in the middle.

did it one night for a laugh, when no-one was around.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:27:51 +0100, Austin Shackles

That's like those mini roundabouts that are painted on the road, and off-set. Everybody just drives over them, but there's the odd one locally where you drive the wrong side if you get lazy

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:52:48 +0100, Llandrovers! made me spill my meths by writing:

Please don't top post

All the best

Reply to
Wayne Davies

Evolutionary status of a newsgroup...

You are Emily Postnews and I claim my fiver :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

ROTFPMP

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Chairman and Webmaster

3.5V8 100" Hybrid Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (ex-Girlfriend, at the moment......) Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next Pug 106 (offroaded once!!)
Reply to
Simon Isaacs