Are 99 Disco Bumper Taillights only for Flasher/Hazards?

I have been trying to figure if the taillights in my '99 Discos rear bumper should iluminate along with the upper cluster or not. They work fine for signals and hazards but don't light for brakes or running lights. I replaced the inside pair that don't seem to do anything and wonder is it a fuse, or what? I'm trying to find info in my rave manual but felt you guys may shed some clearer light (pun intended) , as always. TIA

Bananaramma

They are fog lights. You should have a switch on the left upper instrument panel cover with a pic of a headlight on it(Australian RHD). BTW, they wont come on unless the engine is running. Cheers Cappy

Reply to
Caploc

Huh? I'm referring to the rear bumper amber/red config, not the front. The foggies are in the front bumper and work fine.

Bananaramma

The red lights in the rear bumper are rear fog lights.

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

Nah the're not, mine come on with the side lights but not the brake lights, (96 disco 300 TDi ES). The main rear cluster has stop and tail, fog reverse and indicators, the ones in the bumper have indicators and side lights. All the 300s I've seen in UK have side lights in the bumper, but some don't have indicators in the main cluster.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Seddon

Peter Seddon composed the following;:

Which has nothing at all to do with the OP's question, or whether the lights being discussed are fog, reflectors, side or whatever ...

Have a look at the Subject line.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

If you mean to say that the vehicle in question is a Series 2 Disco, then there is nothing in the subject line that says so... There were both S2 and 300 Discos in 99.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

If they're like mine, and most with electrics sourced from or "inspired by" the Rover group over the years, they'll also need the headlights to be on.

:) K

Reply to
Kieran Turner

He inquired about 99 model, mine is definately fog lights. Cappy

Reply to
Caploc

The vehicle in question is an export for America ( that now lives in Canada) and is a '99 Disco 2 SE. I haven't tried looking to see if the red bumper tails come on when depressing the fog switch, but will try. I just find it odd that only the upper cluster is on for running lights and braking and the bumper seems only for signals.

Bananaramma

Tim Hobbs composed the following;:

OK, I was under the impression, from the description in the post as well as from the subject line, though that clinched it for me, that it was an S2 ..

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Ahhhh...Thar she blows!!! The switch is on the left dash, top one for front fogs and the one below for bumper red fog lamps. Sure looks sweet with all that rear end illumination, though I hope I don't blind anyone. Thanks again all

Bananaramma

Yup. If yours is an S2 but if its a 300 TDi the no, Both were available in

99

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Seddon