Battery Life.

Just about a month ago I was saying how surprised I was that my original battery that was fitted when I purchased my Camry 2.2 in new 1995.

Was still working close on 9.5 years in service WONDERFUL.

However 2 days ago without warning it was DEAD. When I went to start up. ON checking the SG I found one cell would not even float the hydrometer.

The rest showed rather poor.

I thought well the OE lasted so good I will get new battery from Toyota. I once tried this for an MR2 I had. But the cost was GB£250 = Circa US$ 500,and that was about 12 years ago,

On ringing Toyota the quoted GB£60.= US$120 My comment was " for a proper TOYOTA battery"

Reply "AH NO this is an OPTIFIT cheaper unit." Question so what's the cost of the Proper one. WOW GB£380 = US$ 760. I said no way . Do you have an OPTIFIT in stock.? NO but we can get one next week for you. Well.!!!!!!!!! Further comment was " we have never sold one of the other batteries ever " I asked if they had not got the message.. No answer.

I just purchased a new one from HALFORDs that is one of our bigger motoring sales houses,off the shelf.

Calcium Battery 4 Year warranty.

540 Cold cranking currant, 105 mins discharging at 25 amps. Cost GB£57.00 = US$ 114.

In passing the original battery was made by PANASONIC.

cheers Johnny UK.

Reply to
JM

My last two Panasonic OEM Toyota batteries lasted less than three years.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

I think battery life has to do a lot with the climate you live in. When I lived in Florida people went through batteries much sooner than they do in Virginia.

--
No matter what happens someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
Reply to

The Panasonics are not designed for high heat, since Japan has moderate weather. But many people make the mistake of not checking the water level, and/or of not using distilled water. The so-called maintenance free hype is just that--hype, and not reality.

Reply to
Mark A

That battery in Los Angeles,Ca. would be close to $50 US. For sure less than $60 US Take Care, Cheers....Sweet William

Reply to
W.T. MC GLYNN

Reply to
jcat1974