Bearmach parts

Hi

Has anyone used bearmach gearbox parts? I'm looking at getting a synchro hub for a IIA gearbox (FRC1758) and I can get a bearmach one for ~£50 as oppose to ~£130 for a genuine one. How are their shafts/bushes/gears/etc as well?

Thanks

Reply to
Daniel Collins

Brass is crap. Compound is totally different to original and wears=20 badly. Just put them both in a lathe and see the difference. We've also had some that the casting is so bad that the synchros will=20 simply not assemble squarely.

A lot of after-market stuff is passable and will work quite well... but=20 in the case of synchros... you DEFINITELY get what you pay for.

Craig. British Off Road.

Reply to
CraigB

Oh, one other thing... their 200Tdi Defender belts are wrong. We have a batch on the shelf that are correct length, but they are "12"=20 section. Defender pulleys are "10". Belts won't seat - totally useless.

Craig. British Off Road.

Reply to
CraigB