Defender 110 1/2 shafts

Hi, Has anyone come across abnormal wear between the drive flange and the 1/2 shaft on a Defender 110 rear axle? We seem to be going through an epidemic of wear on our Defenders at work at the moment. Some are getting so bad that the shaft spins in the flange! Even with new components, there's movement between the two. Are there any uprated components for this?

Thanks Pete Gloucester UK

Reply to
Pete Turier

There was a problem with drive flanges not being correctly heat treated, though I was under the impression that this should have been sorted out now - if they are still under warranty make a fuss with Land Rover, if not this could be a case where pattern parts are better than genuine!!!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

Mmm, thanks.Most of these are well out of warranty! We've tried both genuine and pattern parts, and they seem to be no different. They have a fairly hard life, towing off road etc, but surely they should be designed for this. Anyone know why Disco 1/2 shafts are one piece, and Defender are two piece? Will Disco shafts fit the Defender? Thanks Pete.

Reply to
Pete Turier