Been thinking...

I'd swear that I saw a Sherpa minibus re-chassised onto something LR based once upon a time - if that was a doable conversion then the LDV Convoy isn't that much different and may be an easier proposition than the Transit with most of the same advantages.

I've also seen a Safari adapted 110 with effectively the same body length as a 130 and something like 12 forward facing seats and the same turning circle as a 110, but with a stupid overhang at the rear.

That one was a special purpose "nature spotting" one that operated entirely offroad though.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles blithered:

What's this PCV, I'm Familiar with PSV, is that the same?

Reply to
GbH

On or around Fri, 5 Nov 2004 23:10:53 -0000, "GbH" enlightened us thusly:

PCV is the new PSV. Passenger Carrying Vehicle. Anything more than 8 passengers, if used for hire or reward.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Is this the conversion done by County?

Bummer when you get a brick stuck between the wheels though.

AJH

Reply to
sylva

Austin Shackles vaguely muttered something like ...

Hmm .. also read your other replies and I tend to now agree with you that a 'Transit' though it could be almost any minibus I guess, body on a LR chassis would seem to be reasonable. Be a fun project too, 'cos there's no worries about the engine / transmission details as they won't be changed. If you can pick up a good, nackered engine, minibus it becomes very viable .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles blithered:

Oke, didn no that. Ta.

But don't most vehicles carry passengers?

Reply to
GbH

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, snipped-for-privacy@despammed.com blithered:

Or one of them new minis!

Reply to
GbH

A quick measurement of the Sherpa tipper parked outside suggests a wheelbase of 128".

V8 rapier 127 may fit.

AJH

Reply to
sylva

I'm not sure. North of Coniston. turn left off into the hill, heading for the coast. Pub in the middle of now where on righthand side as you head out.

Tim

Reply to
Someone

Near Langdale?

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Sounds like it, the first through road left off the A593 north out of coniston goes to Little Langdale, the bit from here west is Wrynose pass, turn right over a bridge and then you have Hardknot pass, t'ther side of that is the fort.

I followed a disco with a sheep laden trailer one evening last summer, despite a powerful, but large, car ther was no way I was going to keep up with it.

AJH

Reply to
sylva

Would it not be easier to use an Iveco Daily tub ? Those are still chassis mounted, which at least sounds easier to modify to me.

Peter R.

Reply to
Peter R.

On or around Sat, 6 Nov 2004 11:07:10 -0000, "GbH" enlightened us thusly:

I never said it was sensible.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 6 Nov 2004 11:06:11 -0000, "Paul - xxx" enlightened us thusly:

exactly. I fancy the transit body for its width, though. Small sherpa body is narrow, I used to have a succession of 'em. The tranny is about 9" wider, so easier to get a decent number of seats in it.

an additional advantage is that rot on the bodywork is mostly non-structural...

have to price up a new chassis, axles etc. for a 110... :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 06 Nov 2004 19:36:18 GMT, Peter R. enlightened us thusly:

probably too big. The smaller transits are approx LR sized.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I have a timelapse of us doing these two passes somewhere. They're not actually that bad really.

Mind, did it in summer with the Disco. Intend going back in winter in Grumble and camping near the old fort.

Reply to
Mother

Here we have such flooding up to twice a year (I am waitung for the next one, the last one had been left out :-), and it is a big nuisance with all the blocked roads, but life goes on, just some km more to go. With our defender many of those blocked roads would be not a problem at all; the problem are the signs, blocking the roads, and the cops, standing there and preventing dumbasses to drive around the signs with their small cookie boxes, just to crack their engines when water is sucked in :)

regards - Ralph

Reply to
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS