Bending the TD5 exhaust the other way

Hi all,

When we drive in our TD5 110 Defender with a trailer, the exhaust makes the trailer look really dirty. I thought it would be an option to cut off the last 10 cm of the exhaust pipe and weld it back to where it came from just turned around 180 degrees, so it would point to the side.

Do you think any power will be lost when I do this?

Regards, Paul Sidler

Netherlands

Reply to
Paul Sidler

Would it not have a better chance of entering the cab when stood????

Just a thought, no experience of such.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Guy

Hi,

A common solution is to get an extension to your exhaust and direct the exhaust away/under the trailer/caravan.

Reply to
Neil Brownlee