Better Priced Imports?

Have any of you used Defenders UK or Alliance Car Imports? They seem to be the cheaper options for purchasing from new.

Pros/Cons, recommendations, etc. welcome...

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
rudi

The bottom has fallen right out of this market now, and companies are going to the wall with customer's deposits very regularly.

If you deal with any importer, be very sure of their financial stability. Ask for bank references or a copy of their management accounts, or demand that deposit monies are held in escrow. Or better still, import it yourself - it is supposedly not that hard and you don't risk losing your shirt.

My tip (having bought quite a few cars in different ways) is to get a best quote from the importer and take it to your local dealer. You may well be amazed at the deals that can suddenly be done when they have a target to shoot at. A 7% discount on a BMW we bought, having previously been told 'we don't do discounts', sticks out in my mind!

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Not forgetting the £3000 off all Discovery's this month at franchised dealers in the UK!

Reply to
Llandrovers!