SC430

Hi all! I'm considering purchasing a new '04 SC430. Any problems? Love the car. Want a convertible but afraid of the cloth roofs here in Vegas. Sun will eat them up. Any pros and cons concerning the entire car will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ken in Las Vegas

Reply to
Ken

Ken,

I have experience with the SC430 beyond getting directions from a gentleman in one on Aruba last year.

I would like to ask one thing of you, though. Do you want this car because you think that this a beautiful car or do you like it more for its inner beauty (Lexus quality, interior, ride, etc.).

I confess that after the SC300/SC400 styling, I thought Lexus had taken a huge step backwards with the SC430. I know that the SC430 appeals to many people and am really curious about what aspect of it people like so much.

Reply to
GRL

The reviews of the car are consistently that it is a very well-made, very reliable, very smooth, very luxurious, very polished, and very "soft" car. This softness usually has it rating well below similar cars which are nearly as luxurious, but handle much more crisply, particularly the German cars that compete with it (MB and Porsche). I believe the Cadillac also finished higher in a recent comparison test. In short, the SC430 has a rap as being not much of a "driver's car."

If you like this softness, it is a very slick car and a relative bargain in this class. I don't think anything will be as reliable. I don't care for the styling much, but that's a personal thing.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

That should have been "no experience".