Bloody French regulations

I've just found out that I can't fit my own gas conversion :( Cheapest quote so far is ?4000 plus tax (about £3000 all told). Makes the payback time less convincing..

Thank you, French bureaucracy!

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

Probably. Any good ones within spitting distance of Canterbury?

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

Wouldn't it be cheaper to drive to the UK and get it done over here? Or do you live in the far south east of France?

-- Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Pacman

Stuart Hi,

wouldn't it be cheaper for you to have a trip in the UK and fit it there? As long as it is fitted by a certified fitter and you have a proof that he is so then I do not believe that the French MoT equivalent will have any objections.

A certified UK fitter IS aknowledged as such within the whole of the EU territory after all.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

: > wouldn't it be cheaper for you to have a trip in the UK and fit it there? : > As long as it is fitted by a certified fitter and you have a proof that he : > is so then I do not believe that the French MoT equivalent will have any : > objections. : >

: > A certified UK fitter IS aknowledged as such within the whole of the EU : > territory after all. : >

: > Take care : > Pantelis : >

: >>I've just found out that I can't fit my own gas conversion :( Cheapest : >>quote so far is ?4000 plus tax (about £3000 all told). Makes the : >>payback time less convincing.. : >>

: >>Thank you, French bureaucracy! : >>

: >>Stuart : >

: >

: >

: Probably. Any good ones within spitting distance of Canterbury? : : Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I know a good mobile mechanic in the Chatham area, and you're more than welcome to use my driveway to get the bits done.

He's done systems on the vans at one of the large companies around here, and recently did his own on a Grand Voyager

If you want anymore let me know.

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

On or around Wed, 25 Oct 2006 21:37:35 +0200, Srtgray enlightened us thusly:

You chose to live there... I've seen it in action, WRT building.

roughly speaking, in this country, if it's not forbidden you can do it, whereas in France, you can do it if it's allowed, ISTR.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Now Austin, you should know by now that being positive about Britain is OFF TOPIC in this group!

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Don't worry, they're working very hard at Westminster to make everything forbidden unless otherwise specified by themselves

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Never trust the French - or banks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Julian Pollard

I got my old rangerover done by powerbase automotive in ashford

Eddie

Reply to
Corp-Rat

you do however get to use much nicer LPG fillers. The french ones are great compared to the shitty english bayonet ones. (I've just done 600 miles on french LPG)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Indeed, and on the whole, I can manage (the French excel at loopholes :) )

That just about sums it up, although, as I say, there are usually enough loopholes to drive a large 4x4 through!

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

And the LPG is a better blend too!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

i wondered if that was just me!. I was sure the car felt better on the GPL and i got higher MPG.

Reply to
Tom Woods