Indicator cancellation

Hi,

The self cancelling mechanism on my indicators has failed. It probably works

1/25 times and quite often clicks the indicators off while going round a roundabout (as if it has somehow misaligned and thinking that when the wheel is at 180 degrees its time to click-off)

I've had a look in the Haynes manual (which is pretty crappy!) and it doesn't mention anything about this. I know a lot of people with different cars that this has happened to so its obviously a common problem with cars!

How would I go about accessing the mechanism and whats likely to be the problem?

Thanks!

Reply to
Richard Wilkinson

...its a '96 disco

(oops forgot to say!!)

Reply to
Richard Wilkinson

Can't comment on this particular model but the striker on the column is frequently a press fit and can lose it's alignment.

Take off the shrouding around the top of the column and have a look.

Reply to
Dougal

Sometimes the "stop" is on a bolted on collar so can easily slip round the steering column. Also it may be the little plastic lugs on the switch that are damaged in which case it's a new switch.

Reply to
Bob Hobden