bloody snowing

24 degrees and sunny here. Just off to drop the kids at school, then I'll head to work, but being Friday I'll be sitting in the sun with a beer by 3:30. :-)
Reply to
EMB

Went through Denholme at 3pm this aft & it was bloody horrific, couldn't see a thing!

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Range Rover Classic (Monty)

__

Reply to
Nige

Lucky bugger, it's blowing a gale in Kinloss, Morayshire!

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

though its stopped now and its turning to slush

Reply to
George Spigot

On or around Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:37:00 +1300, EMB enlightened us thusly:

git.

I'm still thinking of emigrating... specially as it's been damp and 'orrible here today.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In Bedford

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

cold and raining in cornwall, I've been sitting in a puddle for 4 hours, I'm starting to dislike saabs...

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Been snowing in Luton, but had stopped by the time I came out of the pub.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Lucky buggers... why don't we ever get any snow here in Brussels?

Jag vill ha snööööööööö, jag vill ha snööööö....

A Saab? Having trouble with snow? Oh well, I guess it's been emigrated for too long... ;-)

Reply to
Torak

if there were snow here I'm sure it'd handle it ok, maybe not as well as the land rover, the saab trouble is a handbrake problem I need to sort for the MOT.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Is the water in snow smaller than the water in rain? (so it can fit through smaller holes!) :)

My roof never really leaked until the snow yesterday and now its horrible. It all drips (or pours) off my rear view mirror (the lowest point i assume) and runs down my dash and my stereo.

I'm expecting my seats to be frozen tommorow morning! :(

Reply to
Tom Woods

No but it can get blown through holes that rain can't. Powder snow is bugger for getting into roof spaces that are otherwise totally watertight.

Condensation? Maybe you have a nice water cycle set up there. Water exvaporates from seats in sunshine, condenses on the roof runs down the mirror drips back onto seat...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I also found that snow would build-up arounf anywhere it would get a hold such as the gutters and door-tops (until you open the door and knock it off) the heat (ha ha ha heat?) from the cap melts the snot that's gathered giving it a chance to sneak in around the door (or other) seals where if it were rain it'd have run off.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.