brakes....

ok, 1984 110, pushing the brake pedal once gets the little valve thing shutting off the rear circuit so only the front brakes do anything and the little warning lamp comes on. However pushing the pedal again will turn the lamp off and the brakes work fine. Does this sound like an airlock thing? There is a new brake line going to the rear, does it sound like it wasn't bled properly? it's not using any fluid.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Yes to all the above.

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

There's a procedure to centre the shuttle - it's in the Haynes book - no I can't remember off had - sorry!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

Twas Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:00:52 +0000 when richard.watson put finger to keyboard producing:

if it's in the haynes then I'll find it. is that to lock it so you can bleed the system?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Its a cunning plan to ensure the shuttle doesn't think there is a leak so it remains centred.

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

What it actually sounds like is the rear brakes need adjusting - but an airlock would have the same effect. JD

Reply to
JD

Twas Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:30:25 +0000 when richard.watson put finger to keyboard producing:

neither my haynes not my LR workshop manual says anything more helpful than take it ti a dealer....

Could you enlighten me perchance?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Reply to