Brakes

Err. . . HELP!?

Am having a wee problem with the brakes. I have rebuilt my brakes, new pads, etc. .

Took her out for a drive and things were fine 'till I got into town and had to slow down (some might say - that's my problem).

After driving at sub 30mph speeds, it felt like the brakes started to come on all by themselves. When I pulled in, the callipers and hubs were HOT!!! After cooling down for a few minutes, all was fine and off I went.

But I was thinking: maybe the new brake pads are too thick and expanding from the increased friction???

Blue skies

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times - "Inexpensive means Inefficient".

  • * It's: "SPLAT - THE DOG!"

-//-//-_

+>\ --__ Slower than a speeding DISCO. Much slower. +>/ _------__ Mortally slower, one might say. Rest in Pieces.

-\\-\\--

  • *

"Rest in Pieces" just like my old Rangey.

Er, think that was Rust, not Rest. . .

Reply to
Pat

were the pads tight to get in ?

Reply to
Richard

On or around Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:30:46 +0100, "Pat" enlightened us thusly:

most likely the pistons are dirty or rusty at the outer ends, and have gotten pushed back far enough to stick. If rusty, the only real cure is new pistons.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Have you kinked the lines so allowing fluid in but not out to return, hence locking pads into the disc ??

Reply to
Hirsty's