Buggritnarse, and ping Beamends Richard!

Seems the front end of Edward's starboard-side chassis is falling off, taking with it the front spring hanger - cracked right through just aft of the spring hanger... at least that explains the clonk on braking. Doesn't seem to have any obvious effect on handling, mind. The port-side one looks like new.

So that rather means he's not coming to play - I've not got time to both mend it and get him tested. I'll bring the Ford instead, but I don't anticipate off-roading it.

Richard - you got a price on a driver's side chassis front end repair section, early series III chassis, including spring hanger?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 13 Apr 2006 22:15:06 +0100, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

You there, Richard? Occurred to me that it was Easter and you were likely to be shut...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Still here (but did actually manage a whole weekend off for the first time in 5 years.....)

DA2008O Series Front Dumb Iron RH £23.50 inc VAT

£5.00 post on that I'm affraid.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:14:39 +0100, beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

yer know what, that's bloody reasonable, not to say cheap. Just been charged 25 notes to post a camera. Mind, the sort of packing needed to reliably get a camera delivered is a bit more impressive than that needed for chassis parts, but even so.

Can you bung that and a drag-link ball joint (SIII, 1971, chassis number about 420-odd) in the post, please? (balljoint at the steering box end, if it matters)

Unless, of course, there's anyone coming to the unofficial this weekend from near you?

oh, and BTW - is the top shock mounting (the bit on the chassis) for the SIII LWB rear shock available as a part to weld on? if so, I need one of them too, if not I'm going to have to fabricate it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles