Bulkhead

What are the differences between a 2003 TD5 bulkhead, and a 1996 V8 Bulkhead?

Is it easy to convert a LHD bulkhead to RHD?

Reply to
SimonJ

Probably not a lot, but I can't say for certain.

Yep, blank the holes you don't need, open up the ones you do, and swap all the bits over. Replaced the bulkhead on my 1983 110 V8 auto (home converted) last summer with a brand new '96 TDi spec one, lots of extra holes had to be blanked and a few drilled due to different mountings for things like brackets but no problems, just remember to budget for ALL the little plastic fittings, washer jets, wiper wheel boxes and new nuts and bolts etc. etc. I got carried away when I did mine I'm afraid. Did all the drilling and trial assembly, then painted and waxoyled the bulkhead prior to fitting. Even after all that, I noticed last week the tell-tale brown corrosion stain appearing from a seam! You can't win, it would seem. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Hello out there!!

Surely someone, somewhere, must know this one!

Reply to
SimonJ

You've had a reply already. In a nutshell yes. If you look at a bulkhead you'll see holes on one half and and panels on the other. Jon

Reply to
Jon

Thanks, thought that was the case.

Haven't seen any replies, but then again I am on BT internet!

Reply to
SimonJ