Buying Spares

Hi all,

Please could someone explain the difference between these parts?=20 They are the same part number but the difference in price is huge, is there= a difference in the part?

part is STC1917

Brand: OEM | Source: BRITPART =A327.46

Brand: PR2 TRW GIRLING | Source: ALLMAKES =A335.84

Brand: TRW | Source: BEARMACH =A334.94

Brand: OEM | Source: BEARMACH =A3148.53

Brand: LAND ROVER | Source: LAND ROVER =A3183.36

Regards

Ben

Reply to
Ben

difference in the part?

What is the part?

Reply to
Dougal

here a difference in the part?

Its a front brake caliper bracket for Discovery 2(TD5)

Reply to
Ben

Tried finding pictures but many of te stockists don't have pictures or end up at page/product not found from google.

I have found an image of a shallow U shaped loopy bracket:

Is that the part? I noticed that some sites were using the word "caliper". Now a full caliper I would expect to be at the 150 squid mark= but not the bracket above, that I'd expect to be at the =A330 price...

Part number confusion?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That's the part.=20

The actual caliper is=20

The issue I'm having is why a block of metal is commanding a =A3140 price t= ag and if there is any issue in using the cheaper aftermarket parts?

Regards Ben

Reply to
Ben

In message , Ben writes

  1. Britpart is almost certainly crap, won't fit etc. Won't have any of their parts near my vehicle.
  2. Land Rover They have got expensive show rooms to maintain.
3.Bearmach - Probably same piece of kit as LR, from the manufacturer who supplies LR will come in a LR box, but they don't have expensive show room to maintain so charge a bit less for what is probably the genuine article.
  1. All Makes Don't know anything about them
Reply to
hugh