BZZZT! 'School run 4x4' alert

Nullified uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Can she reach the front air vent ;-)

though it's not the same having a conversation through one :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Against all odds, SWMBO has actually taken a shine to the 110. The only thing is she reckons she cant reach down enough to open the window winder, though quite why she'd want to in this weather is anyones guess. But I spy an opportunity to convert her to regular Landy use, so is there a kit to convert the windows to that modern electrickery stuff, or would a particular motor from another car/truck fit? Even just a two-window kit would do, though four is preferable. Landy is a '91 110 CSW

Reply to
Nullified

Get a set of Series doors with sliding windows ;-)

Reply to
EMB

On or around Wed, 20 Dec 2006 22:05:22 GMT, Nullified enlightened us thusly:

swap the doors for the early kind with sliding windows. I believe the military still have 'em.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

There was a kit advertised a coupe of years ago, but I've not seen them for a while. It was from somewhere like India.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

I've driven new Defenders and tbh i find them impossibly cramped inside. Not only can i not reach the window winder without moving my right leg the other side of the steering column, the door handle digs into my knee. The handbrake goes up my trouser leg, and presses against my ankle when not using the clutch. The control for the air-con blower is invisible and totally hidden unless you have no right leg at all. Strange how cramped it is inside, compared to my SII, as the car is the same size physically. Perhaps my SII is tardis-like witht the inside being bigger than the outside. To add insult to injury my 2.25 series moves off the mark quicker than the TD5 90 i had the (mis)fortune of driving. Why is there no power below

2500rpm? It's no wonder people aren't buying them.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Around here there are loads of Td5's sold and You can't buy a new one them for love nor money at the moment !

I thought the XS td5's were all a bit of a nonsense with leather, air con and electric everything and thought landrover had lost the plot, Until I bought one.

My 110 is simply stunning. (After chipping) it is the perfect tow vehicle .

Being a station wagon the driving position is so much better then the ones with a bulkhead behind the front seats.

Having electric windows means you don't have to mess about with the contortions need to find the winder.

And the best thing of all is they simply don't depreciate like a Disco !!

Reply to
Marc Draper

On or around Fri, 22 Dec 2006 11:46:03 +0000, Marc Draper enlightened us thusly:

Mind you, there's no excuse at all now for it needing chipping. Simply bloody-mindedness I assume on the part of LR, they can't be bothered to remap it. They did IIRC improve it over the first generation which stalled at the drop of a hat, mind.

There's no excuse, either: I've got EMS (Lucas EPIC) on the TDi transit here which dates from 1996 and it's bloody-nigh impossible to stall it. I *have* stalled it, but you need to be pulling off in second uphill to do so at all "easily". The only thing that you notice about it is something under half a second's delay in picking up off idle; but you soon learn to drive round that, actually, I find that if you start to come off the clutch before touching the loud pedal the EMS goes "ey-up, summats slowed it down" and opens up the pump. I gather that the TD5 does similar.

leccy windows should be possible for an older one on that basis... mind, the parts might cost an arm and a leg.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Don't complain! The insurance would go through the roof it went full-tilt as standard...........

That's mopre to do with having 4 longer stroke cylinders than the ECU.

New push-button doors are all supplied to the current spec, so "all" you'd need is the gubbins and a 12v supply. Not that I'd want electric windows, particularly since seeing a one of the hoirrid BMW sports car things stuck in a flood with the occupants anable to get out.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd