Cable thingummy that controls air flow inside Defender 110 CSW, bust ??

anybody know how it may be possible to fix the cable control to the air direction flap for the ventelation in the car. I assume it has rusted into the casing and due to my persuasion has broken somewhere. The temperature control cable is OK but I can only get air to the screen rather than the feet as well. Want to avoid having to remove the dash if I can help it, as I don't trust my mechanical nos ( or temper !! ) :-))

Reply to
Hirsty's

You could try to wedge the flap up thats in the dash from underneath. Take the plastic vent outlet off under the dash and the flap is through the hole, but it's spring loaded so it springs back down so air goes up.

-- Jon

Reply to
Angus McCoatup