Can a Launch Creader VIII Scanner work on a TD5 Land Rover?

Can a Launch Creader VIII Scanner work on a TD5 Land Rover? I heard that the OBDII will not function with a TD5 does anyone know if this is true. My Landrover has problems starting and I was looking into purchasing one.

It starts first time if you trip start it but does not seem to fire when turning the key! Any help or advice welcomed.

Reply to
Martin