Can a Launch Creader VIII Scanner work on a TD5 Land Rover?

Can a Launch Creader VIII Scanner work on a TD5 Land Rover? I heard that the OBDII will not function with a TD5 does anyone know if this is true. My
Landrover has problems starting and I was looking into purchasing one.
It starts first time if you trip start it but does not seem to fire when turning the key! Any help or advice welcomed.