New car radio

I'm thinking of putting a new car radio into my old Defender.

What I'd like is one of these things with a 7" 'pop up' screen that I can connect to a reversing camera. There's one on Amazon for about £140 that looks nice.

Anyway, as is usual with Defenders, the radio is held at about 45 degrees to the horizontal, so...

Two things...

When the screen deploys on these gadgets does it still work properly if the thing only comes out to 45 degrees with regard to the body of the radio or is there some sort of switch that stops it working unless it's fully deployed?

Can the radio box (is it called a DIN 1 box?) be moved up and down a bit so the screen stops at roughly the right angle to be seen properly when it rests against the top of the dash board?

Reply to
Bill

Bill Hi,

a lot of those ICE (InCar Entertainment) units provide the option of adjust ing the angle of the screen. The best way is the check the manual of the u nit and see whether this is possible on the one that you wish to buy. There should be a special button or menu to allow you to do this and the owner's manual will surely be stating the procedure.

A reversing camera is extremely useful and you can always fit more cameras at the front or sides. You can select which camera to show its signal on th e screen with a separate control box or switch and this will allow you far better and easier control of the Landy both on and off the road and not onl y for parking but also for negotiating tight spots, avoiding rocks etc.

Hope this helps.

Take care Pantelis Giamarellos LAND ROVER CLUB OF GREECE

Reply to
pantelisg

Can't get a manual for the dead cheap ones on Amazon :-)

Reply to
Bill