Can I hack into my ECU then ?

Seeing that posting about an EyeTeye diagnostic widget ... do they license anything from LR or is it just reverse engineering ? I was thinking about getting me AVO-8 out and figuring what sort of chat was going on.

Can you do that without burning in hell for eternity though ?

thanks

Reply to
Wafty

Wow an AVO I thought they came under the S.A.L.T. agreement * I had some bast'd shocks off one years ago.Dunno the bugger is digital and the interface as mooted previously ain't standard there are folk working on it come to that theres a dude selling the interface cable on fleabay?

have got somewhere on the newer models 2002< but I have yet to see any software for the 95< bet the lads in estonia are nearly there though Derek

*
Derek

Reverse-engineering is legal in most of the world, the only place I can think of off-hand where trying to figure out how something works will land you in jail is the Land of the Free, the U.S.A...

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I've got one in pieces for a P38 but haven't started to play with it in any detail yet. I did an Air Suspension ECU but this one is far more messy, it just does far too many things. I can't swap it out in bits and do a progressive take over. I do have slightly more gear than an AVO-8 though...

That would involve LR having an agreement with God, who's books apparently decide these things. However, after looking at the insides of the EAS ECU I'm pretty convinced they have a contract with the other place so pulling it to pieces probably earns extra credit with the good guys.

nigelH

Reply to
Nigel Hewitt