Can i use 750x16 and 235-85 R16 together

I have got a good pair of Greenway Atacama 750s on the front of my 2A RTV trialer and i was thinking of getting a pair of Insa Turbos (Simex copies) for the rear, But i think they only do them in 235-85s. I know they are a similar-ish size, Any Thoughts ?

Cheers

Reply to
Splitpin

The difference in rolling radius is going to be down to mm's. I recently checked this when changing the tyres on the 110. I did alot of research and they are as close as can be diameter wise. You would probably have more difference between a new tyre with good tread and a tyre the same with minimal tread.

The only other thing is to make sure they are all radials and never to mix radials and cross ply on the same axle.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Ah, how well I remember the old public information film, featuring a voice over saying just that over a film of an Austin 1300 (?) going out of control.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Isn't there a right way and a wrong way to have them back and front aswell? Perhaps I'm thinking of summat else, dunno.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Yes but to keep things really really simple.... don't fit cross ply tyres.... problem solved :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Thanks for the info.

I remember that film and here it is

Splitpin

Thoughts, yes. Try and measure them first, I did much the same thing as you a while back on my S1 trialer but mixing 7.50 SATs and 235-85 Colway something or others. Compared to the SATs the Colways were huge and overfilled my poor little wheel arches. They were just too big for the S1 so got sold on and I reverted to all 7.50s.

Gordon

Reply to
gordon

On or around Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:55:06 -0000, "Splitpin" enlightened us thusly:

I think it'd cause slight wind-up in 4WD. The nominal circumference is about 40mm more, or about 2.5%

But it'd be worth comparing the actual tyres, some nominal 7.50s are bigger than 7.50, and some 235/85s are smaller than 199.summat mm high.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 31 Jan 2008 22:14:28 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

many 7.50s are now radials.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

If you mix x-ply and radial tyres, then the radials must be fitted to the back axle and the x-plys to the front. Mixing across axles is not permitted. And mixing a 7.50 Radial with a 235/85 on one axle probably wouldn't pass either, as the tester would be unable to assertain wether the two tyres were of the same aspect ratio.

Alex

Reply to
Alex