Charging parked vehicles

I presume i'm allowed to add it if i attach it to the house via a plug. Or get a suitably qualified mate to come round for a cup of tea and attach the final cable to my fuse box?

Though TBH are the police going to come and arrest me for doing some wiring on my house? I can imagine that i might have trouble if i was selling it and had a survey done and didnt have the certificates for it but do they really think they can stop people doing work themselves?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Snip

.. and who is going to admit to having done any work after the deadline?

Reply to
Dougal

Any work done is obvious i think as the new wire is different colours.

Reply to
Tom Woods

There might also be a bit of trouble with the insurance people if it caused a fire.

Reply to
EMB

On or around Thu, 27 Oct 2005 00:39:58 +0100, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

You reckon?

there's plenty of red/black wire about the place. New installations are changing to brown/blue, this is true.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:38:46 +1300, EMB enlightened us thusly:

yebbut, you'd still deny all knowledge and swear blind that it was like that when you bought it, wouldn't you?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Absolutely.

Reply to
EMB

I better get it done quick before i hand over the money then :)

I wonder what the exact definition of electrical work is.. Could anybody run the cables and put sockets in as long as a proper 'lectrician did the final connections and made it live.

I should be able to add ornamental electrical sockets to my house if i want to :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

It's dangerous init? Our European community is determined to protect us from ourselves, they want us to live happy, safe, protected lives. Now, to paraphrase the 101 Club Chairman, how long before "they" clock on to the sad fact that many people maintain their own vehicles, change the brake fluid, pads, shoes, steering components...

Reply to
Mother

Yep, did it with Gas! I suspect the main trouble will come from declined insurance claims, especially fire!

Reply to
GbH

When WAS the deadline?

Reply to
GbH

Thought I just said that?

Reply to
GbH

About 12 hours after I did :p

Reply to
EMB

Dam time zones!!

Reply to
GbH

I said it first - just didn't post it... ;-)

Reply to
Mother

On or around Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:05:35 -0000, "GbH" enlightened us thusly:

January this year for new projects, I think April for ongoing projects started before January.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:04:38 -0000, "GbH" enlightened us thusly:

the insurers have never required our house to be inspected or tested in order to accept the business. If they then refuse a claim because of dodgy wiring, having not previously mentioned it, I reckon they're on a sticky wicket. Unless someone actually admits to having done work on it after the deadline.

The real problem is that although wiring codes and general wiring practice are not hard for a reasonably intelligent person to understand and comply with, the cost of becoming licensed or certified to work on it is ridiculous.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I thnk you have hit the nail on the head - the real problem is that people *cannot afford* to get someone in, so they will leave dodgy wiring alone rather than fix it themselves (which is safer, I wonder?) or just plug more and more leads into sockets, which we have been told for years (guess who by? Could it the very same Government?) is pretty dangerous. In other words, far from inceasing saftey this lastest stupidity will will reduce it. Nice one (again) Tony!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles blithered:

So you're all dorked, guess I am too.

Reply to
GbH

On or around Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:53:37 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

I assume the govt. profit from it somehow. Like you say - people will just buy more adapters and overload 'em.

Reply to
Austin Shackles