Cleaning up a 300TDi's exhaust emissions?

"William Black" wrote.............

Yes I've been pulled over for a sample a few times in the Series 2 but the last time I had a few ports of call on a saturday morning and I'd got up late and when asked if I minded them taking a sample I said 'yes, I'm in a hurry' and they just let me go. I did remind them that they could check details off the VRM and check it later. Once I had a diesel van parked on my private yard and they came in to take a sample from that specific vehicle even though it had a blown engine and been parked there for some months. When I told them it wasn't used any more on the road they said it has a current VED and able to be used on the road so they had reason to check it. I also had a motorhome parked next to it which was also licensed and diesel powered but they didn't check that one. I can only assume that the smoky engine on the van before it blew up had prompted some asshole to complain that I had been using the wrong fuel. Some folks have nothing better to do.

Reply to
Oily

Yep, mine's t'other way about. It has a GB registration but lives in Northern Ireland. I can get mine by saying it's a GB motor, but you Sir are buggered until Coleraine cracks the seal twixt arse and seat and admits Swansea exists!!!

Reply to
GbH