Climate control/air con not working

Hokay i have just:

Rechecked all fuses, all ok and not blown. Turned Climate control on and set it to 'LO', checked whirly pulley thing on A/C pump and it still not going round.

Temp outside is round about 23C at the mo, in the car its 28C, so i'm guessing the A/C SHOULD kick in. I've seen mention of a thermostat (post by jg). Where is this mounted?. There is a small grill by the head light level switch in the car which is called 'cabin temp sensor' in Haynes book.

As for the possibility of having no gas. I took the 'L' plastic cap off and there was a definate hiss and an odd smell. Could this valve be leaking??. I've found a friendly air con man, will pop in and see him tomorrow.

Dom

Reply to
Dom J

Check the continuity of the coil for the clutch (integral with the compessor pulley) and that it's receiving 'juice'.

Reply to
Dougal

Now why didn't i think of that........

Just checked and theres bugger all power to the clutch. So its time for a service/regas me thinks!. Cheers for all your help chaps!!.

Dom

Reply to
Dom J

That I don't miss!

Looking forward to a 60mph trip in a air con chilled mobile sofa tugging the caravan :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Thu, 8 May 2008 16:05:28 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

yer didn't say. which bit?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Rhayader area, some pics on my flickr page below, and also some videos will be going into the lane video database (no I've not forgotten about that, a new update soon-ish) adding about 6 hours of video of the lanes we did will be available soon. We'll also be going on another trip to North Wales, Oswestry area I think, later in the year (if all goes to plan).

The trip was a FoDRoW do (my local lot), however as it turns out, about three quarters of the people on it weren't from Dorset at all, but we'd insisted they join the Dorset RoW group as the trip entry fee, so most of the people on it turned out to be from Sussex or London-ish area.

The chap organising it (Julian Martin) did an excellent job, we had three groups of four trucks separated by about 15-30 minutes, with each group leader using a pre-prepared route that Julian had spent many hours preparing in Memory Map. He'd contacted various land owners and got permission to travel across some land that normally access wasn't available for, and found a few byways that were labelled as bridleways. If the later trip goes as well then it'll be great, I've done some of those lanes and they were very good but I reckon the weekend just gone was better.

If you fancy a 4-day camping and off-roading holiday (2 days off-roading) in Oswestry area then I'll see what can be arranged, this one was an invites only job due to trying to keep numbers down, although I suppose that if numbers got too bad then we could split the groups out over two weekends.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Either the sensor or the ecu.

Reply to
Nige

Me too mate.

Reply to
Nige

You big softie! (says the IT consultant to the policeman)

It took me 4 hours to get to Wales at about 45MPH in the pinz on a seat covered in something akin to a camping mat, then at the end I slept in the back of it for three nights, on a camping mat.. My arse now has a square bit which makes leaning forwards hard.

Why the hell do sheep just bleat? At 4:30AM I was tempted to go out there and give them something to bloody well bleat about!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

To remind them which end to eat with?

Reply to