VW Golf Climate Control Air Con not working!

My climate control air con is not working, I had it regassed about 18 months ago - could this need doing again?

Reply to
gross

yes

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Yes. Once they start leaking they get progressively worse. The next top up will only last a few months.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
Tommy

It could but "not working" doesn't exactly narrow down the problem, is it just a case of not blowing cold? As Dave says they tend to get leakier over time and re-gassing will almost inevitably make the leak(s) worse.

Reply to
Depresion

So if you have a system which, although 10 years old, is still working, would you get it regassed? I tend to be of the school of though that if it ain't broke don't fix it. I leave my climate control on all year round and as the outside sensor reads about 5 or 10 degrees high I reckon the compressor is always on.

Reply to
malc

there are theories either way, regassing will make very little difference to the pressures IF it was still working before the regas. All systems lose gas over time, as the gas goes so does some oil, in theory water can be attracted in via any leaks (I don't see how if there is sufficient pressure) As the pressure gets low the system will start to freeze and the compressor may cycle on and off more. Very modern systems only contain a small amount of gas, so any leak is more important. On balance I would have it done every three years or so.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I'd best get it done then. Dunno when it was last done and I've only had the car a year and a bit

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc