98 Concord. Heat, Windows not working and Air Bag and ABS light on.

I have a 98 Concord. Every once in while the heat will noot come on when I start the car. it will be on when I first turn the key, but when I try to turn it over it will shut off. I also notice that when the ABS light stays on the heat will not turn on. As well as the windows not working and the air bag light will be on. If I were to move the ignition around or slightly move the column it would turn on and the windows would work and the air bag and ABS lights would turn off. Yesterday, everything was working and I lowered the rear window. When I did this, the liaght came back on and the hear and windows would not work. I noticed that all four are located in the same area in the fuse box. all fuses are OK, so I am thinking that they are linked via some sensor. If they are is it easy to replace. Regards, Ramon

Reply to
sabcruz

If you have a bundle of keys on a key ring it may be preventing the ingnition switch from returning back to the run postion and causing all ign fed accessories to be turned off. But if you say you moved the key and everything started working I would suspect a problem with the ignition switch or as stated above.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

Thanks Glenn,

First, I gave wrong information. It is a 96 concord which we just got about 6 months ago. I thought it was a 98.

Secondly, do you know a rough cost on new ign, and is it easy enough to replace?

Regards, Ramon

Reply to
sabcruz

The switch is easy to replace, I have no idea on the cost of the part. I also never said that the switch was at fault.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

Hmmm - you did say this: "But if you say you moved the key and everything started working I would suspect a problem with the ignition switch or as stated above." - which I realize is not an absolute statement. I would say that if he can fairly consistently affect the problem one way or the other by moving the key, then that would give stronger creedence to your orignal statement.

Anyway, Ramon - the switch would be anywhere from $38 to $50 (part only) depending on the particular dealer's markup.

Bill Putney

I said "Ignition switch or as stated above" I have seen this problem on many vehicles due to excees weight from having to many keys on the key ring. The OP never confirmed how many keys he has therefore I now say "I never said the switch was at fault" If the op confermed that he has only one key on ring I would say that the switch is bad. Glenn

Reply to
damnnickname